– 3 month contract starting January, 2014, 34 hrs/wk, approx.
– Between 15 and 30 years old
– Post-secondary graduate
– Out of school
– Canadian citizen, Permanent resident or legal refugee
– Not in receipt of Employment Insurance in the last 3 years
– No working experience in Canada in your field of studies
– Not having participated in any ”Career Focus Program”
Help make Calgary’s complementary currency grow! Calgary Dollars (www.calgarydollars.ca) supports the local economy by promoting local businesses and turning hobbies into extra income and better communities. You will work with the Calgary Dollars Manager in our organization located with 70 other groups in the Old Y Building. You will help manage events, funding, and operations.
– Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
– Community development background
– Experience co-ordinating events
– Pro-active self-starter able to work independently with a minimum of supervision
– Comfortable working within a consensus-based staff collective with direction from more than one person
– Support and coordinate Calgary Dollars events in the community
– Membership development & coordination
– Outreach & marketing (promotions, website, mass e-mail, e-news, blog, Facebook, Twitter)
– open to new tasks as they arise
This is a paid position. Details upon interview.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org